Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pre-Season Soccer Friendly - Varsity

Have I mentioned before John made Varsity........LOL Anyway we played two Pre Season soccer games this week, the first game we played against Eagle Ridge we won 7-0 it was an easy game as this school are only brand new so didnt have a full soccer program in place. The second team we played were our rivals Winter Park they beat us last year in the District Championship, although John was not in this team we still felt we needed to prove a point. We beat them 5-1, they scored the 1 goal in the first few minutes as they caught us sleeping. After that it was Celebration all the way. It was a nice to see a few FC America kids in the crowd, that supported John although they were on the Winter Park JV team. John made an amazing save and they shouted out "that kids on my team....." it was very cool..... I asked Coach at the beginning of the season if John would be ok playing this high up as this is his first High School Season, I made it clear I am placing my son 14 year old son in his hands....., he told me not to worry John can hold his own, nevertheless I was still worried. Last night after his amazing save Coach shouted to me in the stands "see I told you he can hold his own".....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cool update on John and his team! He plays with such passion and is so fun to watch! Great job John and The Storm!